The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 specifies that all vehicles must be insured. For this reason, you must have a current car insurance online policy if you are purchasing or already own a vehicle. Third-party liability car insurance is required by law, and comprehensive car insurance covers both third-party liability and your own damages.*
An individual number that is printed on the policy document is the car insurance policy number. Each policyholder receives a certain amount from the insurance provider. After issuing the policy, you are given a policy number, a numerical digit.
What Is A Car Registration Number?
The vehicle number is your car’s registration number. Your district’s Regional Transport Office has assigned your car a unique registration number that makes it stand out from other vehicles on the road.
When Is The Policy Number For Your Car Insurance Needed?
When Asserting A Claim
When you report a claim, the insurance company will ask you for the policy number for your car insurance. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the motor insurance policy.
When The Insurance Policy Is Renewed
When renewing the policy, the car insurance online policy number is crucial. You would need to enter the car insurance policy number to retrieve your information if you were to renew Bajaj Allianz’s car insurance online. Make sure you do a car insurance check online so that you can renew your policy in time.
To Verify Car Insurance Information
You can use your car insurance policy number to check the details specifics of your insurance policy if you do not have access to your vehicle’s registration number.
For The Purpose Of Verification
When the police stop you to confirm the validity of your insurance policy, you must have your car insurance policy number. If this occurs, you can still provide law enforcement officials with your Bajaj Allianz car insurance online policy number so they can check the legitimacy of your insurance online.
Some methods for locating an insurance policy number by vehicle number are listed below:
You can check the number of your car insurance policy online in a few different ways. Here are your options if you’re wondering how to locate a car insurance policy number online:
- To check your car insurance policy number, visit the website of the Regional Transport Office, where your vehicle has been registered and enter your registration number.
- The Insurance Information Bureau is a website that is created by India’s Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (https://iib.gov.in/). You can visit the website to review your car insurance policy number online using your registration number.
- Using your registration number, you can access the State Transport Department website to learn more about your car insurance coverage.
- The car insurance policy details issued based on your registration number are also available on the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website (https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/). Thus, you can access the insurance policy’s details by entering your registration number on the website.
- You can also check your car insurance policy number by visiting the insurance company’s official website and logging in with your registration
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.